Friday, December 2, 2011

Time to start blogging

Okay fellas! Time to start writing a blog about my journey as an exchange student in Shanghai. Maybe I’d begin with a short introduction of who I am. Originally I’m studying in Lappeenranta University of Technology in Finland. It’s my 4thyear now and my major is Industrial Marketing and International Business. Since the begin of my studies I’ve wanted to spend a half year minimum somewhere outside Europe as an exchange student. At first I was planning to go to the States but during last year I increasingly started to consider China as my potential target country and eventually ended up applying into a French Business school called ESSCA, which has a campus in Shanghai focusing on Marketing and the Supply Chain in the Asian environment. If you wanna find out more about the program, here’s a link to  ESSCA Shanghai Program web page. At first I planned to write this blog in Finnish but since we live in a international, multilingual global world I’m writing in English. At least for the most part…

Because the Finnish semester ends already in December and the studies in Shanghai are starting in the early February I’ll be travelling around USA with three friends of mine in January. One of these guys, Ville, is also coming to Shanghai and the other guys will spend the next six months in Kuala Lumpur and Auckland. So the coming blog posts will most probably deal with our journey in the States. We’re going to visit New York first for around 8 days and from there we’re flying to L.A.where we rent a car and travel around California and Nevada. Some must visit places beside LA are San Diego, San Francisco and Las Vegas.. Maybe this is long enough for the first post, so let’s see how our little adventure will go:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment