Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Feelings before takeoff

I'm waiting extremely excited for my exchange year since I've been looking forward to having such a chance for many years already. During the upper comprehensive school I spent with my parents 3 years in Germany and after that I've known that I wanna live outside Finland in the future too. And now I have the chance to do it, so I'm pretty stoked! I've been asked several times in the past few weeks if I'm anxious or scared about moving to Shanghai. No I'm not, I don't know if I should be afraid or whatsover but I'm just excited of experiencing a completely different country and culture from that what I'm used to.. 
Of course there will be some issues that might cause problems for us at the beginning but I'm sure we'll handle those things well, and we're not alone there. There will be around 50 students with us who will need help just like us in managing some regular arrangements like getting a mobile subscription etc..Our study program is starting at the beginning of February and we don't have a accommodation in Shanghai yet, and it looks like that we have to wait until we get there. Fortunately, we've been in contact with a agency which is able to provide some apartments for us to look at and hopefully we find a decent crib to live in for the coming six months :) We were also told that we should receive a list of all the participants on this program by mid December - Nothing yet - but since the university is a French one, there's no need to be worried about some delays related to compromised days and deadlines :) but that list would certainly help us because there are many other students dealing with the same problems and roommates are always welcomed! 
But now it's time for Christmas and the New Year's celebrations, so we'll see us again next year.. Happy Holidays from rainy Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment